Sunday, August 13, 2006

You Can Learn Something From a Paleocon

That was the biggest revelation to me as a result of this whole Iraq war business. The crazed Buchananite nationalists turned out to be more sensible than the people I though of as the reasonable wing of the right. If you don't believe me, you should go read Daniel Larison. If x were to represent how reactionary you were, and you were to take the limit of x as it approaches an arbitrarily large number, you couldn't be as reactionary as Larison. But he's got a whole bunch of good stuff up lately.

Update: This post got me a link on Mr. Larison's blogroll. I'm excited, of course, but I have to warn any Jacobites who show up that we at Pith & Substance aren't going to compromise our firm belief that erecting a Court of Commissioners for Ecclesiastical Causes, and all other commissions and courts of like nature are illegal and pernicious, just for a higher hit count!

No comments: